Permanent Cell Site Shelters for indoor BTS, broadband wireless or any other telecommunication applications, as described below.
We offer the following permanent shelters:
1. Heavy duty telecom shelters manufactured from aluminum extrusions (base, walls and roof) that are assembled together to create a very rigid structure, rated for up to 135 mph winds or seismic zone 4 applications. They include integrated forklift tubes for lifting. The greatest advantage in using these aluminum shelters is their structural strength in respect to their weight. These shelters are lightweight; however they are extremely strong due to the extruded aluminum design. This feature enhances the rigidity of the unit allowing them to be fully integrated with very heavy telecom equipment prior to being shipped or deployed, such as with very large UPS systems.
2. Telecom shelters manufactured out of either aluminum or galvanized steel. The interior / exterior walls and roof / ceiling skins can be assembled together using either aluminum or galvanized steel. The walls, roof and floor are constructed of 3" steel channel on 24" centers; and the walls, base and roof are welded together. The walls and ceiling are insulated with R-13 insulation. The base is fabricated out of 4" steel channel, with 2 fork lift tubes, which is then galvanized as an assembly; it also includes lifting eyes and anchor brackets as required.
3. Lighter weight telecom shelters manufactured from either aluminum or galvanized steel panels. The interior and exterior wall / roof sections can be manufactured out of either aluminum or galvanized steel; they are assembled together using a unique camlock system. The roof is sealed using a membrane neoprene roofing material (or we can use a galvanized standing seam roof if preferred). The walls and roof are 3.5" thick and covered on both sides with aluminum or galvanized steel sheets; they are insulated with factory poured-in-place urethane insulation, giving them an R-30 rating. The floor is 4" thick and is constructed in a similar manner as the walls but with a much thicker metal for the actual floor. And, depending on the application, the floor can be reinforced with a 6" steel skid for additional floor support. These shelters can also be designed and built for seismic zone 4 applications.
4. Partially underground telecom shelters manufactured from a steel base and either aluminum or galvanized steel panels. We can build these same shelters described in item 2 above for applications in which they need to be partially submerged in the ground for asthetic purposes, such as for utility or telecom applications along highways. For these applications, we use a 3' tall steel base that is specially coated with coal tar epoxy for corrosion protection. Then, we attach a 5.5' - 6' tall upper assembly onto this base. The base is buried into the ground, such that only the upper assembly is exposed above the ground. The first group of photos below show one of these shelters that we manufactured recently for a network fiber appllication for a large utility company. This shelter includes a cable entry cabinet in between the air conditioners to bring fiber cables out of the grouind into it and the shelter. It also is equipped with (4) seismic rated racks that are secured to the floor with uni-strut, overhead cable ladder and an alarm board, as shown in these photos.
Any of these shelters described above (Item 1, 2 or 3) can be shipped complete or assembled on site. For cell site applications, we typically equip them with one steel door, insulated walls / ceiling, dual air conditioners (with heaters as required) with a lead lag controller, main AC utility connection, AC load center, interior fluorescent lighting, electrical outlets, internal master ground bar, thermal alarms, door alarm, smoke alarm, waveguide cable entry ports, RF ground bar, emergency interior light (with battery backup) and outdoor light near the door. Note, all electrical equipment and wiring are installed in conduit per the National Electric Code.
In addition, we offer the following shelters:
5. Steel shelters manufactured from modified ISO cargo containers. These shelters are also equipped with the same equipment as our shelters described in Item 2 above. They are extremely strong and can also be integrated prior to deployment; however, they are heavier than either of our shelters described in Item 1 and 2.
6. Explosion proof aluminum shelters (certified to NEC standards), through the use of a manufacturer in South Texas that has been providing these types of shelters to oil refineries in that area for many years. These shelters are equipped with a small interior air lock room and purge system, which prevents unwanted vapors from entering the main equipment room. For telecom applications, these shelters would be equipped with the same equipment as our standard shelters (described in Item 2).
7. Refurbishment of used shelters, either customer owned or TSS purchased. We have included a few photos of a steel shelter that we refurbished in the Dallas area (toward the bottom of this page, just above the galvanized steel platforms). This refurbishment includes the following work:
- Cleaning up the outside as required and repainting it with a special coating (can match any color requested)
- Cleaning up the inside and removing / replacing any electrical equipment that we normally install into our shelters (electrical panels, cable ladder, air conditioners, etc.)
We can custom design and build any of our shelters described above in any size requirements, in any configuration, in any color, for any application. In addition, we can integrate the customer owned equipment into this product, creating a turn key solution. Our standard shelter warranty is 1 year, our integration warranty is 1 year and all other OEM material is warranted by the original manufacturers.
For inquiries and quote requests, please call us at 888-779-9069 or email us at email@example.com.